On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:30 AM Alexander Dahl wrote: > Hello, > > for testing some new mikroBUS modules I got a dusty SAMA5D2-SOM1-EK1 from > our > shelf and build recent DistroKit master for it. Nice thing: SD card works > in > both ports. However ethernet does not work correctly out of the box. :-/ > > In barebox shell it uses a random mac address (the real one is in a small > eeprom on the SoM), dhcp and ping successful. > > In Linux (5.11.4) however it also uses a random mac address and > furthermore > either the micrel ethernet phy is not found at all or the link can not be > set > to up. Tried both nmtui and raw iproute2 command. > Hey Alexander, I don't know if this will apply to you with sama5d2-som1-ek1, but we have a board that is based on sama5d2-som1 that has ksz8081rna phy, which based on the strap on options configured via pull up/down is on phy 4. We are in the process of updating from linux-4.14 to linux-5.4. A problem that was noticed on update to linux-5.4 was that the Ethernet port stopped working after power on boot, but would work after a subsequent soft reboot. I noticed that the phy address used in arch/arm/boot/dts/at91-sama5d27_som1.dtsi didn't match the one for our board in either the linux-4.14 or linux-5.4 tree, but we never noticed a problem when we did initial bring up of our board with linux-4.14 a couple years ago. When I fixed the device tree to use the correct phy address 4 for our board. The problem went away and the Ethernet port now works properly on linux-5.4. -Jon